The JoyFULL Home
A 6-Week Course for parents, caregivers, and educators.
The JoyFULL Home course is based on Positive Discipline teachings, which are relationship and connection based. Positive Discipline emphasizes both kind and firm leadership and this framework applies to children of any age. Parents, caregivers, and teachers are all welcome in the course.
Participants can expect to gain:
- A clear understanding of Positive Discipline principles.
- A clarification of some common myths about Positive Discipline.
- An inspiring vision for the future and how to guide children towards that vision.
- An understanding of a calm and receptive brain state that is ready for learning and guidance.
- An understanding of Alfred Adler’s 4 C’s (Count, Connect, Courage, & Capable) and the 4 misguided goals of misbehaviour.
- How to avoid a few common pitfalls of Positive Discipline.
- Birth order and other unconscious factors that drive our parenting responses.
- How to encourage a Growth Mindset and foster a healthy self-esteem.
- A clarification between punishment and consequences and how to set and uphold limits.
- Tips to strengthen sibling relationships and decrease sibling rivalry.
- Practical Positive Discipline strategies to apply immediately.
Ready to feel more gratified and JoyFULL? Click here to register or get on the wait list.
The JoyFULL Home 2.0
A 12 –Week Course for parents, caregivers, and educators.
The JoyFULL Home 2.0 is a follow-up to the JoyFULL Home and guides participants to deeper connection. It is based on the teachings of the Enneagram, a powerful self-development tool that combines modern psychology with ancient spiritual wisdom. This course is ideal for parents, caregivers, and teachers who view their parenting or teaching journey as an opportunity for self-growth.
Participants can expect to gain:
- A clear understanding of conscious parenting/teaching decisions and an awareness of our 9 main unconscious parenting/teaching patterns.
- A map for creating happy, deeply connected families where children and parents are able to rise to their fullest potential.
- An understanding of the 9 doorways back to parenting and leading with Presence.
- The capacity to transform the “triggers” or pitfalls of our personality type into higher leadership skills and gifts.
- Ways to access our 3 Wisdom Centers: the Instinctive Center, the Feeling Center, and the Thinking Center in order to become the role models our children need.
- More practical Positive Discipline strategies to apply immediately.
The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anais Nin
Book a Workshop
Want an introduction to Positive Discipline for your staff or parent community? Workshops can be customized to meet your group’s knowledge and needs. Workshops tend to be 2-2.5 hours.
Current workshops include:
- The JoyFULL Home, An introduction to Positive Discipline
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen
- Anger in the Home
Attend an upcoming Event
I am a trained member of the Parenting Education Network and facilitate workshops in schools, daycares, and community centers around Toronto.
I am a guest panelist and speaker for Partners for Planning. I contribute to on-line webinars and was a speaker at their live TedTalk-inspired event called, The Art of Resilience.
To find out about my next workshop, speaking event, or webinar, click here.